Curricilum Vitae format PDF .
All about Education
- Economic High School, College St-Michel, Fribourg, 3 years
- Certified Specialist for Finance and Accounting, SSEC Fribourg, 4 years
- Certified Expert in Finance & Controlling with Federal Diploma, SSEC Fribourg, 3 years
Diploma, certificate, degree
- High School of Commerce Diploma, 1986
- Windows user Certificate, Lausanne NCR ,1991
- Apprenticeship Teacher Certificate, Murten, 1991
- Swiss certified Specialist for Finance and Accounting, 1993
- Management course Gustav Kaeser, 1995
- Swiss Certified Expert for Finance & Controlling, 1996
- SAP courses, Lausanne 1999 – SAP R3 FI/CO
- Anti-money Laundering courses in Lausanne, 2002-2004
- Certified auditor agreement received from the Swiss Authorities
- French – mother tongue
- English – fluent
- German – Good knowledge of both spoken and written
- Italian – Good spoken knowledge (second tongue), professional use
- Spanish – Spoken knowledge
- Finance management – Operational level
- Controlling : strategic and operational analysis
- Cash management
- Merger & Acquisition (M&A), consolidation, value appraisal
- Cost accounting implementation (Standards, ABC – Activity Based Costing)
- Tax optimisation
- International accounting standards implementation (IFRS, US-GAAP)
- HR Management
- Accounting software (SAP, ABACUS, TOPMAN, CLIME)
- Excellent use of MS-Office software (Excel, Access, Powerpoint, word, outlook)
- Vice-president of Financial Corporate, Commune
- Expert to Swiss controller Diploma
- Teacher to Swiss Chamber of commerce (western Switzerland)
- President of the Swiss Certified Expert Chamber (www.swisco.ch)
Own Financial Consulting Company
Août 2004 up to now : Own Financial Consulting Company
Tower Bridge Trade Services SA, Neuchâtel
Position from June 2002 : Tower Bridge Trade Services SA, Neuchâtel
- Finance department reorganization.
- Relationship with private investors.
- Support to the Managing.
- Director and deep involvement in strategic decisions.
- Direct responsibility on “on-board” company management.
- Ensure that the Anti-money laundering law is clearly applied, acting as financial intermediary. Direct relationship with banks, insurances.
- Manage financial tools, which ensure financing of import/export of client.
- Running private funds.
- Operational involvement with clients.
- Tax optimisation at cantonal and federal level, either international wise.
- Development of reporting customized tools for clients.
PARITY EUROSOFT SA, Neuchâtel
From 2000 to March 2002 : PARITY EUROSOFT SA, Neuchâtel
IT services company
Head of finance & Controlling
- Finance department
- Reorganization of tasks and process.
- Individual redefinition of responsibilities.
- Reduction of time for internal reporting (weekly, monthly, half year, year-end under UK and Swiss GAAP).
- Set-up control procedure for group requests.
- Increase accuracy and efficiency.
- Change in IT system with cost center analysis.
- Reduction of DSO by 20%.
- Organisational tasks
- Purchase order implementation.
- Cost control procedure.
- Self-cost absorption control.
- Redefinition of employee calculation.
- Discussion with clients. Move to calendar month.
- Travel across Europe and in Head Office in Europe for workflow optimisation.
- Award for Best Service Provider during 2000, Strasbourg
- Commercial tasks
- Negotiation of volume rebates and payment conditions.
- Overdue cash collection.
- Partnership optimisation.
- Legal & Fiscal tasks
- Tax optimisation.
- Set-up of loan agreement with abroad companies.
- Lead special contracts with European major companies.
- Comments and explanations during Board of Directors meetings.
- Involvement in management meetings.
- Operation involvements
- Vendor coaching.
- Reengineering process.
- Proposition to the group for joint venture.
- Commercial contact taken during non-work tasks.
- Discussion with Group Management about Pan-European reorganization.
- Reorganization of the Head Office
- Redefinition of priorities and main task of each department.
- Purchase order procedure.
- Cost control implementation.
- Reduction of spending by 30%.
- Increase in communication and efficiency.
SCOTT USA ltd
Mars 1996 – Décembre 1999 SCOTT USA ltd, Fribourg Worldwide headquarter
Europe Finance Controller – Financial Analyst
- Month-end and annual reporting:
- Build up of a new reporting package. This process has been reduced from 1 week to 2 days including technical consolidation (P&L at subs level with comparison of performance versus Prior Year, Budget and variance explanations).
- Consolidation by business area, by product with P&L and Balance sheet comparison.
- Management of monthly consolidation’ s entries and tax calculation. (US GAAP)
- Year-end close
- Balance sheet review.
- Risks and opportunities appraisals.
- Audit package preparation.
- Tax disclosures and calculation.
- Consolidated financial statements together with statutory auditors’ report.
- Performance measurement by country, by subsidiaries.
- Design of an all integrated process.
- From the sales to the expenses, with currency exposures and cash flow statement. (Define forwards agreement to cover our short currencies).
- P&L by subsidiaries, consolidated financial statements, transfer prices policy and margin analysis.
- Inventory exposures
- Design of a separate database software (Access) with which it’s possible to calculate every month our inventory reserve, Purchase price variance capitalisation, foreign exchange impact, duplicate reserve and inventory composition with separate line of business (SLOB).
- This database is maintained for internal purposes (purchasing and distribution) and can provide quick and accurate analysis (GR/IR, slow movers statistics, etc.)
- Periodic closure
- Self organised process design, with chronological job achievements.
- Balance sheet and P&L analysis.
- Cash flow statements, fixed assets analysis, currency exposure, margin analysis.
- Provide divisional P&L statements.
- US-Gaap / Swiss book annual closure and variance management.
- Sales statistics discussions. Investigations with local controllers.
- Develop good working relations.
- Responsible of the follow up of our facility plant in Aosta (Italy).
- Quarterly and monthly discussion with local management and local fiscal advisor.
- Taxes optimisation in regard of Italian law.
- Transfer price analysis, etc.
- Tax calculation
- Responsibility of the consolidated and Swiss annual income tax returns.
- With deferred tax calculation.
- The aim is to pay the little amount of income tax in each country by using all the tax laws opportunities.
- Discussion with tax authorities when necessary.
- Many others punctual missions (company acquisitions, business appraisals, marketing, logistic or distribution requests).
- Improve the quality contact with all our internal customers.
- Procedure improvements.
- Audit of our subsidiaries in Europe, etc.
From October 1995 : ILFORD AG, Fribourg (Held by International Paper LTD USA)
Member of Management Team
Director of Finance function (replacement)
- Financial projections based on assumptions developed by the management team.
- Direct and oversee the execution of the detailed financial planning process.
- Direct financial reporting, controlling and accounting functions (Lead and ensure that these functions are delivering the vital information to effectively manage the business and meet regulatory requirements).
- Manage relationships and financial expectations of Managing Team from US headquarters.
- Special projects required by local management.
- Final audit reports discussion.
- Cash flow statements.
- Direct and oversee the execution of detailed financial planning process.
Septembre 1994 – 1996 ILFORD AG, Fribourg (Held by International Paper LTD USA)
Manager of Finance & Control
Swiss Certified Expert for Account and Controlling with Federal Diploma
Nordmann & Cie SA
Aug. 1991 – Aug. 1994 : Nordmann & Cie SA, Fribourg
Chief Accountant : Reorganisation of accounting dept. (acquisition of 8 new companies in CH)
- Merge of these new companies.
- Closure and consolidation (monthly, quarterly, annual basis).
- Audit pack preparation.
- Holding and Pension Fund accounting.
- Implementation of a new IT system (Oracle).
- Monthly finance analysis for Sales Manager, business area.
Swiss certified Specialist for Finance and Accounting certificate
March 1989 – July 1991 : ZSCHOKKE SA,
Building Company. Leader in Switzerland
- Accounting of special consortium (150 Mio turnover)
- Implementation of a new IT system
- Organisation development (branch with headquarters)
- Business partner contact improvement (bank, insurance, competitors)
- Salary dept. manager with same contacts as above mentioned
Beginning of Charted accountant classes
Oct. 1986 – Feb. 1989 : GRISONI-ZAUGG SA, Bulle
Manager of salary department for business area Fribourg and Vaud.
- 450 employees.
- With all tasks and relationship related to this function (Bank, insurance, syndicate, Cantonal tax departments).